We know that people have many questions and concerns about the Coronavirus. Be assured that the Our Divine Savior staff and ministry leaders are following directives from local health officials as well as the Sacramento Diocese. This page will serve as a resource for information about Our Divine Savior Parish life including, Mass, ministries, and other gatherings. The Diocese also has a page with regularly updated information. For the link to the Sacramento Diocese Coronavirus Information page click here.
Update from the Sacramento Diocese about returning to public Mass: Coming Back to the Table-Sacramento Diocese Guide to the Public Celebration of the Mass
Returning to Mass in our church and with our community
We look forward to returning to Mass at Our Divine Savior on June 13th and 14th
Fr Martin and the Parish staff are working to meet Diocesan and State guidelines in preparation of celebrating in person Mass soon. This is great news! We will update our Parish community about when and how to return to Mass through after Mass announcements and updates on this website page. Places of worship are limited to 100 participants at a time. We will be using a reservation system to accommodate as many people as possible at our public Mass celebrations. A reservation phone number will be made available soon.
Here are some things you can expect:
- Seating and attendance will be limited to approximately 100 people per Mass in order to maintain safe social distancing
- Mass times may be adjusted to accommodate necessary required sanitizing after each Mass...5PM Saturday-8AM Sunday-11AM Sunday
- Use of hand sanitizer will be available upon entry
- Entry will be available through the front doors only
- Masks will be required for entry
- Temperatures may be taken with touch free thermometer
- Individuals and families will sit in assigned seating (ushers will help with this) for the number of family members attending Mass together
- Offertory baskets will be available at the door upon entry. Baskets will not be passed during the offertory music
- Everyone will process for communion (even if you will not receive communion) in order to maintain safe distancing
- Everyone will receive communion in the hand (receiving on the tongue is temporarily suspended)
- Arriving early (not just in time) will help tremendously
More details will be added to these temporary accommodations as they become necessary and are confirmed. We want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We are doing our best to plan ahead so we can open the doors as soon as possible. We anticipate adjustments to be necessary. Celebrating Mass under the State required guidelines will be different...but the good news is that God, our faith, and the Eucharist are not. Thanks be to God!
What can you do? Pray.
Please join us in prayer for the health and safety of all.
Abbey of our Lady of New Clairvaux is closed to the public until June
Parish Ministries/Gatherings/Mass Information
Mass has been suspended until June 13th and 14th. See Bishop Sotos letter to the people here.
Bible studies, small church community groups, and other ministry gatherings are cancelled until further notice. If you are unsure about your ministry, contact your ministry leader or call the office at 343-4248.
Parish organizations such as Knights of Columbus, Catholic Daughters and Catholic Ladies Relief are canceling all meetings and events until further notice.
Youth Ministry gatherings in person for high school and junior high have been cancelled. High school ministry is meeting weekly on Wednesday and Sunday virtually. Contact Phil Bartek at 864-5243 for details and how to join through zoom and other online gathering platforms.
Religious Education and Sacrament Preparation classes are cancelled until the Fall. Watch your email and the Religious Education page of this website (click here) for information, updates, and lessons to be done at home.