Parish Updates and Covid-19
We know that people have many questions and concerns about the Coronavirus. Be assured that the Our Divine Savior staff and ministry leaders are following directives from local health officials as well as the Sacramento Diocese. This page will serve as a resource for information about Our Divine Savior Parish life including, Mass, ministries, and other gatherings. The Diocese also has a page with regularly updated information. For the link to the Sacramento Diocese Coronavirus Information page click here.
Public celebrations of the Mass have returned!
Call 530 521-6202 to reserve a seat for Mass this weekend.
(See below for detailed information)
Returning to Mass in our church and with our community
Fr Martin, the Parish staff, and many volunteers, have worked hard to meet Diocesan and State guidelines in order to celebrate in person Mass. We are using a reservation system to accommodate as many people as possible at our public Mass celebrations. To reserve a seat for the upcoming weekend Mass, Our Divine Savior Parishioners can call the reservation number Tuesday through Thursday between 6AM and 4PM or Friday between 6AM and Noon. The number to call is 530 521-6202. This is the only number you will be able to call to reserve your seat. The office is not able to reserve seats for Mass.
Here are some things you can expect:
- Seating and attendance will be limited to 100 people per Mass in order to maintain safe social distancing
- Mass times have been adjusted to accommodate necessary required sanitizing after each Mass...5PM Saturday-8AM Sunday-11AM Sunday
- Use of hand sanitizer will be available upon entry
- Entry will be available through the front doors only
- Masks will be required for entry
- Temperatures will be taken with touch free thermometer
- Individuals and families will sit in assigned seating (ushers will help with this) for the number of family members attending Mass together
- Offertory baskets will be available at the door upon entry. Baskets will not be passed during the offertory music
- Everyone will process for communion (even if you will not receive communion) in order to maintain safe distancing
- Individuals with mobility issues and unable to process through the communion line can not be accommodated for in person Mass at this time
- Everyone will receive communion in the hand (receiving on the tongue is temporarily suspended)
- Arriving early (not just in time) is necessary
- Late arrivals may delay the start of Mass and cause unnecessary disruption with the temporary reservation system
- Please plan your timing to include check-in at the door
More details will be added to these temporary accommodations as they become necessary and are confirmed. We want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We anticipate adjustments to be necessary. Celebrating Mass under the State required guidelines is different...but the good news is that God, our faith, and the Eucharist are not. Thanks be to God!
While many still will not be gathering together to celebrate Mass there is much we can do for our personal faith and for the Church. Bishop Soto states in his letter to the people on March 17th, "This public health emergency should make us reconsider the kind of prayer, fasting, abstinence, and charity needed for ourselves as well as the Church." Please read the full contents of Bishop Soto's letter to the people by clicking HERE. Links to virtual Mass can be found on our Social Media page.
In order to protect our Parish staff and community members, our office will remain closed and continue serving all of your needs via email and phone for the time being. You can reach the front office staff at [email protected] or by calling (530) 343-4248.
Be assured your Parish community is praying for you daily. The staff meets daily to pray for the needs of our Parish members. Let us know how we can more specifically pray for you here by filling out this prayer request. The words “Be Not Afraid” are written 365 times in the Bible. That’s one for every day of the year. The fact that God has reminded us continuously throughout Sacred Scripture to have no fear and trust in Him brings great comfort to us.
What can you do? Pray.
Please join us in prayer for the health and safety of all.
Abbey of our Lady of New Clairvaux is closed to the public until June
Parish Ministries and Gatherings
Bible studies, small church community groups, and other ministry gatherings are cancelled until further notice. If you are unsure about your ministry, contact your ministry leader or call the office at 343-4248.
Parish organizations such as Knights of Columbus, Catholic Daughters and Catholic Ladies Relief are canceling all meetings and events until further notice.
Youth Ministry gatherings in person for high school and junior high have been cancelled. High school ministry is meeting weekly on Wednesday and Sunday virtually. Contact Phil Bartek at 864-5243 for details and how to join through zoom and other online gathering platforms.
Religious Education and Sacrament Preparation classes are cancelled until the Fall. Watch your email and the Religious Education page of this website (click here) for information, updates, and lessons to be done at home.